The Chicopee Colleen Contest and Coronation Ball is one of the largest and most anticipated social events of the year. Each year, Chicopee’s finest young ladies compete for an opportunity to represent their city as the Colleen or a member of her Court for the upcoming year.2024 Chicopee Colleen Contest Application
Chicopee Colleen Contest Rules & Regulations
- All applicants must be female, single, never been married, no children and residing in the City of Chicopee (Resident students of Elms College are eligible to apply) between the ages of 17 and 20.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age by February 1, 2024.
- Former colleens and court members are not eligible.
- Applicants are required to submit a resume with their application.
- All participants in the contest become eligible to apply for scholarships awarded annually by the St Patrick’s Parade Committee of Chicopee. Scholarship applications are available at www.chicopeespc.com
- All contestants are expected to attend the Irish Tea – Get Acquainted Social, both rehearsal dates and the Coronation Ball.
- An Irish tea – “Get Acquainted Social” for all contestants will be held on Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 1:00 at the Chicopee Portuguese American Cub, 149 Exchange St, Chicopee, MA.
- A Parent’s informational session is TBA.
- Personality judging and the first rehearsal will be held on Sunday, February 18, 2024, at Chicopee Portuguese American Club, 149 Exchange St, Chicopee, MA
- A second rehearsal will be held on Monday, February 19, 2024, also at Chicopee Portuguese American Club.
- The Colleen Coronation Ball will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2024 at the Chicopee Portuguese American Club.
- Please note if you are selected to be on the Court, we are a year-round committee. You will be expected to attend multiple events throughout the year.
- Applicants and their parent/guardian will be required to sign a letter of commitment detailing the events that will be required of the contestants and the finalists.
- Please provide a photo of yourself and a resume with your application (no selfies will be accepted) Photos become the property of the contest officials and will be used for media purposes.
Entries must be submitted electronically or postmarked by Wednesday, February 1, 2024.