The Chicopee Colleen Contest and Coronation Ball is one of the largest and most anticipated social events of the year. Each year, Chicopee’s finest young ladies compete for an opportunity to represent their city as the Colleen or a member of her Court for the upcoming year.2023 Chicopee Colleen Contest Application
Chicopee Colleen Contest Rules & Regulations
- All applicants must be unmarried female residents of the City of Chicopee (Resident students of Elms College are eligible to apply) between the ages of 17 and 20.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age by February 1, 2023.
- Former colleens and court members are not eligible.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a resume with their application.
- All participants in the contest become eligible to apply for scholarships awarded annually by the Chicopee St. Patrick’s Parade Committee. Scholarship applications are available here.
- All contestants are expected to attend the Irish Tea – Get Acquainted Social, both rehearsal dates and the
- An Irish tea – “Get Acquainted Social” for all contestants will be held on Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 1:00 at the Knights of Columbus, Council 69, 460 Granby Road, Chicopee, MA.
- A Parent’s informational session will be scheduled for a later date.
- Personality judging and the first rehearsal will be held on Sunday, February 19, 2023, at Castle of Knights, Council 69, 460 Granby Road. Chicopee, MA
- A second rehearsal will be held on Monday, February 20, 2023 at
6:00pm, also at Knights of Columbus on Granby Road.
- The Colleen Coronation Ball will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2023 at the Knights of Columbus on Granby Road.
- Applicants and their parent/guardian will be required to sign a letter of commitment detailing the events that will be required of the contestants and the finalists.
- Please provide a photo of yourself and a resume with your application. Photos become the property of the contest officials and will be used for media purposes.
The completed application, photo, and resume should be submitted through our website, or emailed to ChicopeeColleen2023@yahoo.com. Additional information may be obtained by calling or texting Kristen at (413) 306-0321.
Entries must be submitted electronically or postmarked by Tuesday, January 31, 2023.