The Chicopee Colleen Contest and Coronation Ball is one of the largest and most anticipated social events of the year. Each year, Chicopee’s finest young ladies compete for an opportunity to represent their city as the Colleen or a member of her Court for the upcoming year.
Chicopee Colleen Contest Rules & Regulations
- All applicants must be unmarried female residents of the City of Chicopee between the ages of 17 and 20.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age on February 01, 2017.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, January 20, 2017 – please note that the deadline for applying has been extended to January 25.
- An Irish tea – “Get Acquainted Social” for all contestants will be held on Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 1:00pm at Collegian Court, Park St, Chicopee
- Personality judging and interviews will be held on Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 1:00pm at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr, Chicopee, MA
- The first rehearsal is scheduled on Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 6:00pm at Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr, Chicopee, MA
- A second rehearsal will be held on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 6:00pm, also at the Castle of Knights
- The Colleen Coronation Ball will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017, at Castle of Knights.
- All contestants are expected to attend the Irish Tea – Get Acquainted Social, both rehearsal dates and the Coronation Ball
- Provide one (1) photo of yourself with an electronic application or two (2) photos with a paper application. Photos become the property of the contest officials and will be used for media purposes. Please include a resume along with you application
- The completed application, resume, and photos should be mailed to Brenda Guiel at 34 Fedak Drive, Chicopee, MA 01013, submitted through the website, or sent by email to ChicopeeColleen2017@yahoo.com. Additional information may be obtained by calling Brenda @ 413-887-4112.
- The Colleen and her Court are expected to be available to attend the following events:
- The Colleen Gathering on Sunday, March 5, 2017@3pm
- Parade Mass on Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Parade Day on Sunday, March 19, 2017